Advantage One Credit Union has served the Downriver community since 1952. Our commitment to provide superior member service and quality products and services has remained our prime focus throughout our growth.
On January 24, 1952 the credit union's charter was approved as the McLouth Employees Federal Credit Union, serving employees of McLouth Steel Corporation.
The credit union's name was changed to Southgate Community Federal Credit Union and the field of membership was expanded to serve the families living or working in Southgate.
The city of Riverview was added to our field of membership.
The Riverview office was opened in 1993 to better serve members across our expanding field of membership.
The field of membership was expanded to include 15 Downriver communities. To better reflect our new, broader field of membership, we changed our name to Advantage One Federal Credit Union.
The Brownstown branch was opened on September 17, 2003. The branch was built to act as the new headquarters to house the growing support staff and to offer better convenience to our newly expanded field of membership.
The field of membership was expanded to include the communities of Taylor, Huron Township and Romulus.
The membership voted to move from a Federal charter to a State charter, change our name to Advantage One Credit Union, and open services to all of southeast Michigan.
For a complete listing of the communities we serve, please click here.Go to main navigation