Since 1952, our mission has been serving members, and although times have changed, our commitment to helping our members hasn’t. In these challenging times we continue to be fully staffed and meet the needs of over 16,000 Michigan residents. The following are highlights to help keep you informed of how we are prepared to do that.
Following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Michigan, we have temporarily closed our lobbies while continuing to maintain drive-thru service at full capacity. We have increased our staffing levels to maintain faster drive-thru service and handle increased call volume to our Contact Center. Currently, 95% of our normal in-branch services can be provided via the drive-thru or by phone.
Help is Available
If you experience financial difficulty due to the Coronavirus, the Advantage One team is prepared to work with you and discuss options to help reduce your financial stress and anxiety as it relates to your loans and the need for extra cash. Please contact us if you are facing financial hardships for options such as loan payment extensions, deferred payments and emergency loans.
Business as Usual
Please know that your Credit Union is fine, your deposits are safe and that we are well prepared to continue routine operations your direct deposits, payroll, ACH transaction, Merchant processing transactions, debit card, loan payment and checks will be processed as usual and on time.
Keeping Your Money is Safe
All deposits at Advantage One are federally insured and protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a Federally insured credit union. Learn more.
Working with Employees
We're providing opportunities for employees to telework and are taking extra precautions to ensure our workspaces are as clean and safe as possible. We are also supporting our team members who are impacted by the closures of schools and daycare centers.
Our Commitment to You
As our nation deals with this situation, your Advantage One team remains committed to serving you and your families while reducing and minimizing exposure to any health threats.
What Advantage One Credit Union Is Doing
Advantage One Credit Union is closely monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to our employees and our members. While there are a lot of unknowns involving the virus and what impact it may have on our community, we want to ensure you that we are continuously monitoring the situation.
The safety and well-being of our members, employees and their families is our highest priority. Like many other organizations, following guidance from federal and state public health officials, we have closed our branch lobbies until further notice. Our drive-thru lanes and Contact Center at 734-676-7000 will remain open Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our drive thru will be open on Saturdays at the Brownstown and Southgate locations from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Manage Your FinancesWe strongly recommend that you leverage all the self-service banking options available through our online and mobile banking and with the SMART telephone banking services. You can easily check balances, deposit checks, make payments, transfer funds and more through these channels.
- To get started with online banking enroll today
- Download the AOCU mobile app for Apple or Google devices
- Deposit checks through Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) using our mobile app
- Pay your bills through our Bill Payment service available online and within our mobile app
- Send and receive money from virtually anyone you know and trust with Advantage One’s Popmoney service
- Open accounts and apply for a loan online from our website. In most instances, the process can be completed remotely using DocuSign.
- Reach SMART telephone banking at 734-675-8200. If you have not registered for our telephone banking service, apply for a SMART PIN by calling 734-676-7000 and speaking to a Contact Center Representative.
- Drive thru service is available at our three locations. Most transactions can be handled from the convenience of your vehicle.
- Each of these three locations are equipped with deposit enabled ATMs and can accept either cash or checks deposits.
- Call 734-676-7000. Our Contact Center is open Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 pm.
- Access cash and check account balances at more than 30,000 fee-free ATMs in the CO-OP Network.
- Add your Advantage One debit or credit cards to your phone’s digital wallet. This form of contactless payment will limit your exposure at point-of-sale payment terminals for those merchants who accept this form of payment.
- Update your personal contact information with credit union to make sure we can stay in touch with you.
- Check your email box periodically for updated news from the credit union.
- Watch our website at www.myaocu.com for the latest member communications.
- Follow us at #MYAOCU on Facebook for updates from the credit union.
- Email any questions regarding the credit union’s readiness for the Coronavirus COVID-19 virus to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text ENROLL to 734-561-1157 to opt-in to receive our informational text messages with the latest updates on how this pandemic is impacting our operations.
We’re Here to Help
Finally, if you experience financial difficulty due to the Coronavirus, the Advantage One team is prepared to work with you and discuss options to help reduce your financial stress and anxiety as it relates to your loans and the need for extra cash.
Coronavirus COVID-19 may open up opportunities for cybercriminals to further spread malicious software such as ransomware viruses that could infect business networks and personal computers. Please use caution when clicking on or downloading links or applications related to COVID-19. Links associated with COVID-19 maps and trackers may be malicious attempts from hackers to gain entry to your computer and your personal information. See the Federal Trade Commission’s advice for consumers to protect yourself from scams. If we reach out to you, we won’t ask for confidential information.
For the latest information about coronavirus, go to the CDC's Resource Center